DjangoCon: DjangoCon US Talks I’d Like to See: 2023 Edition
Continuing in the tradition of my 2022, 2018, 2017, and 2016 “DjangoCon US Talks I’d like to see” posts, here is an update for 2023.
The talk and tutorial deadline for this year is May 15, 2023 at 6 PM EDT, but check the official speaking page for updates and submit your proposal.
Also, don’t miss our official post Need Suggestions for a DjangoCon US 2023 Topic?.
Talks I’d like to see at DjangoCon US 2023
- What’s new in Django 4.2?
- What’s new in Django 5.x?
- What’s new in Django Channels?
- What’s new in Python 3.11 and 3.12 for Django developers?
- What’s new in Wagtail?
Embracing HTML and lightweight front-end frameworks
With this in mind, I’d love to do a few talks based on these topics:
- HTMx and intermediate content
- Tailwind CSS and intermediate content
- Alpine JS and intermediate content
Django best practices
- Async Django
- Django Testing (pytest) best practices, aka “stop fearing fixtures.”
- Django Feature Flipping
- Django Packaging
- Django Static Assets and Media
- Pull Request and code review
- Reusable Django app
- Working with teams
- Writing Documentation
These are primarily random topics I haven’t seen covered or covered in enough detail yet:
- Playwright (testing or building apps with it)
- PyScript (how does Django work with?)
- Django Unicorn
- Django Ninja
- Building better management commands with Django-click
- Leveraging Django Checks (why does everything have a check now?)
- Marketing your Django App
- Monetizing your Django App
- Django Fellows - could be current and past
- Django/Python authors - now that we have several community members on their 2nd, 3rd, or 4th book, this could be fun.
- Django apps and community - It would be nice to hear from the more significant apps and community projects
- DSF board - to see what’s new and where they would like to guide the community
Share your thoughts and ideas
If you want to share your thoughts and ideas for a good talk, here are three ways:
On the Django Forum
Whatever remains of Twitter
🤔 Do you want to submit a talk for DjangoCon US 2023 but aren't sure what to talk about?— ✨ Jeff Triplett ✨ (@webology) May 5, 2023
Here is my annual list of DjangoCon US talks I’d like to see in case it gives you some inspiration: https://t.co/ei8W0tDBwR