My Morning Routine
My daily routine centers around my son, Oliver, who’s over two years old. He’s a good sleeper, so I rarely have to change up our routine.
I set my daily wake-up light alarm to 6:30 am, which slowly lights the room up starting around 6 am as if it were daylight outside. Waking up to a bright room takes the edge off of the Winter blues for me.
- make my bed
- three days a week I do a 20-minute workout including ~10 minutes of stretching with the 8fit.app (no affiliation).
- pick out clothes for the day (I dream of rotating or automating this)
- weigh me
- shower, brush teeth, comb hair, etc
- get dressed
- move the dog bed into the hallway
- start coffee if either of us forgot to the night before
- pack up my laptop and double-check my son’s backpack
- wake my son up and get him ready for daycare
- feed my son, put on his shoes, brush his hair, and make sure he brushes his teeth
- feed the dog and put the baby gate up to keep her from barking at everyone all-day
- load up the car
- drive to daycare (5 minutes)
- drop my son off at daycare
- drive to the office (5 minutes)
- unpack my laptop
- drink my coffee while checking in with the world