Personal: My Morning Routine
I ran across the Do you have a morning routine? post and I thought it’d be fun to post my daily morning routine.
My routine is 90% dependent on my son Oliver, who’s eleven-months-old. While he’s a great sleeper, the order changes based on him, and if he is awake or still sleeping when I get up. Typically, my day starts between 6 - 6:30 am, and I usually get to work between 7:15 - 8 am depending on all of these factors.
- make my bed
- weigh myself
- take my vitamins
- shower and get dressed
- start coffee, start the water kettle (for my son’s bottle), and let the dog out
- pack up my laptop and double check my son’s backpack
- wake my son up, change him, and get him dressed
- finish making coffee (keto-style), feed my son and the dog, pack food+coffee for work, and stuff a treat toy for the dog
- load the car
- give the dog her treat toy to keep her busy, and we head to daycare/work
- drop my son off at daycare
- drive to the office
I am planning on trying to incorporate some version of the 7-Minute Workout in my morning routine for a month and see if I like it.